RMT, CDT, HBA
For over 15 years I have been honored to help people from all walks of life reduce their physical pain and increase their well-being. My greatest passion is to help restore vitality to living tissue, and to do so in a quick, safe, and effective way. I am a Registered Massage Therapist, Fascial Remodeling Practitioner, and am also fully certified in the Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) and Combined Decongestive Therapy (CDT). I combine these specific techniques with various types of muscular work and General Swedish Massage..
This multidimensional approach allows me to tailor and nuance treatments for the specific needs of my clients. I have designed an approach to the body that is highly focused and concentrated, integrative, and gives you the most effective results possible in as little time as necessary. The Toronto Breast Health Clinic was started to give women extra care as the number of clients with breast health issues started to increase in my practice.
- On-going study of the latest Breast Reconstruction options.
- 2012~Full certification in the Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymph Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy.
- 2004~Advanced certification in NISA (Neuromuscular Integration & Structural Alignment), directly trained with its developer Jean Loving, B.A., LMT (ret.) and teaching partner Margaret Colbourne RMT (ret.).
- Additional training in Acupressure, Ethics, Breast Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, and Palliative Care with Hospice Toronto (various years).
- 2012~York University, B.A. (Specialized Hons) in Social Anthropology.
- 2002~Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic, Registered Massage Therapy.
- Additional courses in various meditation practices (2005-present), Expressive Arts Therapy (2009) and Human Needs Psychology (2010-present).
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
- Lymphedema Association of Ontario (LAO).
Massage Therapy Instruction:
- Outreach and clinical supervisor at the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (CCMH).